IT Security invites all currently enrolled Texas State students to participate in Cyber Security Awareness Month by entering a video contest.
Submit your entry by 12:00 Midnight on May 1st, 2011
Videos must be related to online, computer, or information security. Winning videos will provide a brief introduction to the topic chosen, security risks related to that topic, and appropriate recommendations.
IT Security reserves the right to reject/disqualify any entry that does not follow specified guidelines and/or if content is considered inappropriate for the purpose of this contest.
- Contest is open to all currently enrolled Texas State students.
- Individual or group entries will be accepted.
- Videos must be no longer than two minutes.
- Entries must be submitted online by the published deadline.
- Videos must be your original creation with no professional (paid) assistance.
- Submissions must meet the specified technical requirements (see below).
- Resolution: 640x480 pixel
- Video Length: Two minutes maximum
- Acceptable Formats:
- QuickTime (.mov)
- Windows AVI (.avi)
- Windows Media (.wmv)
- MPEG-4 (.m4v/.mp4)
- May address general security awareness or focus on one specific topic (see example topics below)
- Must be generic and of interest to a broad student audience (do not refer to specific college or university, applications, or vendors)
- Must be in good taste and appropriate for multicultural college and university populations
- Must be original and not infringe upon any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right
Example topics include, but are not limited, to:
- Cyber safety tips: how to protect yourself online, including on social networking sites
- Phishing: how to recognize and protect against
- Encrypting files/e-mails
- Cybercrime: examples include identity theft, extortion, denial of service, and web defacement
- Guidelines or suggestions for effective passwords
- Safeguarding data: confidentiality, privacy, and identity theft
- Using wireless/mobile devices securely
- Inherent risks of peer-to-peer file sharing
- Security updates, anti-virus software, and firewalls
- Social Networking best privacy practices
- Online purchasing
How to Submit your Entry
- Upload your video on YouTube
- Complete and submit the Video Contest Online Entry Form
- Deadline to submit entry is May 1st, 2011 by 12:00 Midnight
[Back to Top]
- 1st Digital Camera
- 2nd Headphones
- 3rd Texas State Bookstore Gift Card
Winning entries will be selected based on
- Design elements were attention grabbing and effective
- Did the message provide a new, novel, or original perspective?
- Technical quality for videos
- Was the topic appropriate?
- Was the information conveyed of high quality?
- Would this video have a practical use for awareness education?
- Overall effectiveness of delivery
- Was there one key message, clearly stated and memorable?
- How persuasive was the message?
- Is the viewer compelled to keep watching?
For questions, please e-mail email@example.com
[Back to Top]